- 1 cup of used coffee grounds
- 1/2 cup of cold coffee
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of salt
- Wax paper
- Mixing bowl
- Some small objects to make impressions in the dough (Shaped cookie cutters work well.)
- Empty can or a butter knife
- Toothpicks, optional
- String to hang your fossil, optional
- Stir the together the coffee grounds, cold coffee, flour, and salt until well mixed.
- Knead the dough together and then flatten it out onto the waxed paper.
- Use the can to cut out circles of the dough or use the dull knife to cut slabs large enough to fit your "fossil" objects.
- Press your objects firmly into the dough.
- When you take the object out, you have your "fossil". If you want to hang the fossil, poke holes into the edge to hold the string.
- Let the fossil dry overnight (and up to two days) and then hang it if you wish.